Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Catholicism and Suffering

Catholicism and Suffering:
Howard Kainz on sin and suffering in Catholicism: As Jesus brought about atonement and salvation, so also individual Christians by suffering can atone for the sins of others.


For month's now I have been enduring my own suffering.  Suffering through a painful separation that sends me into fits of despair, anger and anguish.  Suffering at seeing my children hurt and confused by their mother's absence from our home.  Some days are easier than others.  Today has not been one of the easy days, though it is far from the worst.  While the difficult days make it hard to follow teachings like this, it is only being reminded of the value of my suffering, being reminded to thank God for the opportunity to serve Him so painfully that I will allow me to make it through this period of my life, on to the next, and ultimately join Him in Glory.